UK Residence

Individuals Leaving or Arriving in the UK

If you are leaving or arriving in the UK you will be required to complete certain forms and send them to HMRC. These forms allow HMRC to provisionally determine your UK Resident Tax Status.

Tax Advantage will complete the required forms for you and will submit them to HMRC. The fee for this service is £60.

Should HMRC require that you complete a Tax Return we can also provide this service to you and a fee for this will be agreed in advance.
To find out what we can do for you

Get a Free Quote

Statutory Residence Test

You work overseas, but do you work enough hours? There are a raft of calculations you have to perform to establish this, not only do you have to work out how many hours a week you work but how many days you actually work and what qualifies as relevant days and what as disregarded days.


October 31st, 2014|


There could be a number of reasons why as a non UK resident you are still required to complete UK Tax Returns.

Most commonly it is individuals with a UK letting business, generally these tend to be residential lettings, say the former family home or may be a holiday home in the UK.

Income arising in the […]

October 31st, 2014|

Leaving the UK Tax

If you are leaving the UK on a working contract there are a few things you need to consider which could save you money.

If you go to live or work abroad and become non-resident in the UK, you might still have to pay UK Income Tax – but only on your income from the UK. […]

October 31st, 2014|

Arriving in the UK Tax

For any foreign Nationals arriving in the UK you will need to complete HMRC from P86, this form is used to inform HMRC of your presence in the UK and for them to determine your resident tax status.

Depending on how long you have come to the UK for and on what basis there may some […]

October 31st, 2014|